How do I choose a Real Estate brokerage and agent?
Selling real estate in today’s market requires a strong understanding of technology. Over 80% of buyers begin their real estate search online. I market listings online very aggressively. From twitter, facebook and hunderds of websites people use to search real estate everyday to a vast database of cooperating brokerages and agents throughout Toronto, I am well equipped to properly promote real estate today.
What are the costs involved in selling my home?
Fees vary depending on the type of property as well as what is negotiated in the sale. I can provide you with an estimated closing statement to give you an estimate of what is to be paid as part of the sale. Some costs include:
- Lender Fees
- Home Inspection
What factors can influence the price of my home?
You want your home to sell for the highest price possible, but also in a timely fashion. Here are some factors that influence the price of your home:
- Current real estate market conditions
- The expertise and market knowledge of your broker and consultant
- Hard facts such as lot size, square footage and condition of property
- Desirability factors, including location, building amenities, and property attributes
- Selling and listing price of comparable homes in the area
- A sophisticated real estate market plan
How do I negotiate offers on my home?
Pricing your property with a ‘cushion’ for negotiation can be costly if it pushes the price above the fair market value range. To begin the negotiating process, you need interested buyers. If overpriced, the number of buyers the property attracts is greatly reduced. The best approach is to price a home just within the market value range. This allows room for negotiations, without sacrificing exposure.
What are the dangers if I overprice my home?
When a property is overpriced, windows of opportunity are missed. Broker and buyer interest is at its highest when a property is initially placed on the market. But if the property is priced above realistic market value, the excitement and number of showings are greatly reduced. Later, it may be necessary to adjust the price below market value to compete with new, competitively priced listings.
What is the best approach to pricing my home?
The best approach is to price your home just within the market value range I will provide you. This allows room for negotiation, without sacrificing exposure. Make no mistake; I want you to get the best possible price for your home. However, when a home is priced too high for the market, this may:
- Attract lookers, not qualified buyers
- Imply you aren’t motivated to sell
- Reduce the number of showings
- Help competitive listings look more attractive
- Cause financing issues for the buyer if the property doesn’t appraise at the higher price
- Ultimately force you to drop the price below market value in order to sell
What is my role in the selling process?
No one has a more important role in the selling process than you. Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale:
- Maintain the property
- Ensure the property is easily accessible for showings
- Communicate – let me know how to contact you at all times
- Remove or lock up valuables
- Limit conversations with buyers/agents regarding price